Basil balsamic pasta
- 1 12 ounce package pasta, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- A pinch salt
- A few grindings black pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced balsamic vinegar*
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
* balsamic vinegar is sold pre-reduced in some grocery stores next in the oil and vinegar section, but is easy to make at home. Simply 1 cup balsamic vinegar in a pot and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. When vinegar boils reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 2-4 minutes, or until the mixture has been reduced by half.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add the dried pasta and begin cooking according to package directions.
Place basil, rosemary reduced balsamic, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
When pasta is 1-2 minutes from being cooked add the spinach to the boiling water. Stir until just combined. Strain the pasta and spinach when the pasta is cooked to preference.
Pour the pasta and spinach into the bowl with the herb balsamic mixture. Stir until well combined and enjoy!
courtesy Meatless Monday